Austin E. Knowlton Executive Terminal and Aviation Education Center (August 2017 – January 2019)
Week of October 16
Construction continues "inside the fence", and is starting to extend "outside the fence".
"inside the fence" work continues to place the conduit and piping for electrical, telcon, domestic water, fire hydrants, and sanitary lines.
"outside the fence" work will begin on Monday 10/16. Work is to include the placing of conduit for electrical and telcon lines.
Traffic patterns and parking will be impacted with the start of work on Monday 10/16. Parking to the south of hangars 1,2,3 will be displaced during this work.
Please note the Barnstormer Restaurant WILL BE OPEN for business as usual. Special pedestrian walk-ways will be established. Please follow the directions given by numerous signs that are to be posted to guide you to/from the hangars and restaurant.
North Runway Rehabilitation (August 2017 - November 2017)
Thanks to great weather and no unforeseen issues, the runway project is proceeding ahead of original schedule.
- The old pavement has been removed
- The subgrade has been cement stabilized
- The edge drains have been installed
- The new aggregate base is 35% complete. ( Oct 20 est. date completion)
- Place the Asphalt Base Course (Oct 23 - Oct 25)
- Place the Asphalt Surface Course (Oct 25 - Oct 27)
- Apply seed and mulch (Oct 27 - Oct 30)
- Puchlist items and remediation (Oct 30 - Nov 1)
- Layout and painting of temporary runway markings (Nov 9 - Nov 10)
- Proposed reopening of Runway 9L-27R (Nov 13)
Air Traffic Control Tower Life Safety Stairs
This project has been put on a temporary hold. A quick review of the electrical system supplying the tower is in order before construction may continue. Nov 01 is proposed restart for completion of the project.
FAA Tech Ops Installing New Control Cabling to RTR
The FAA is installing new conduit and control cable from the ATCT to the remote transmitter building located in the middle of the airfield. This new connector will provide a new control line between the two buildings, and be in place for new radio transmitter installation later this fall. The directional boring has been completed under the runways and taxiways. Open trench placement of the remaining conduit is expected to begin soon.